“Magento + Memcached + LAMP + Webmin” Package Powered by SAIN3 (HVM)¶
- Magento configured to use embedded Memcached - significantly improve your sites performance!
- Easily and visibly mange your system in browser, powered by embedded Webmin system.
- One click to install. Quick and responsive deployment.
Before you start to access the system, please ensure the
Status Checks of the instance in the AWS Console turns to
2/2 checks passed, or the initialization process might be interrupted and the software configuration fails. It takes about 5-10 mins.
Please replace the
instance ID with the actual instance ID of your running EC2 instance, and the
public DNS your actual public DNS address.
- Webmin / MySQL:
Username: root, Password: <instance ID>
Username: admin, Password: <instance ID>
Step 1 : Initial Configuration¶
- Visit <public DNS>.
- Enter your instance ID and click
- (Required) Enter the backup path (Format: /mnt/).
This script is saved in /usr/local/bin/backup_DB.sh enabling users to automatically back up your entire database, making all your data extra safe.
The default setting is daily automatic back-up at 12PM Noon (PST). User can change the running time or stop the database back-up service by revising the script file in the Webmin: Webmin -> System -> Schedule Cron Jobs -> /bin/sh /usr/local/bin/AutoBackup
- (Optional) Enter your website domain name. Format: product.sain3.com or www.example.com. The default domain name is <public DNS>.
- (Optional) Enter your password for the
adminuser of Magento.
Submitto save your initial configuration.
Step 2 : Access the System¶
- Visit your Magento frontend
- Magento admin interface
Username: admin, Password: <instance ID> or the one you chose
Username: root, password: <instance ID>.
- You can manage MySQL through Webmin.
Login to webmin -> Servers -> MySQL Database Server.
Username: root, password:<instance ID>.
Clear Cache & Session¶
If you are using a small instance type like t2.micro, we highly recommend you to frequently clear the cache as small instances have insufficient resources. Low performance instances may lead to a webmin crash or a mysql crash or a Cannot Allocate Memory error. So we recommend t2.medium and the higher performance instance types.
- Method 1
Login to your magento admin panel and clear cache & session.
We highly recommend using
Flush Cache Storagebutton if you do not configure memcached for other applications except magento.
Originally, this package uses memcached for only magento caching so that you can safely use
Flush Cache Storagebutton to fully clear the cache.
- Method 2
Login to webmin -> Others -> Command Shell
Type the command:echo 'flush_all' | nc localhost 11211
Click the button
- Method 3
There is another way to clear cache & session. Open a terminal or SSH client, using your Amazon EC2 SSH public key, SSH into the instance as the ubuntu user using the public IP information for your instance.
Type the following command:$ echo 'flush_all' | nc localhost 11211
Cannot Access to Webmin¶
- After the “Status Checks” of the instance in AWS Console turns to “2/2 checks passed” can you start to access the system, or the initialization process might be interrupted and fail.
- Ensure port 10000 is in your security group.
|Type||Custom TCP Rule|