“OpenLDAP + phpLDAPadmin + Webmin” Package Powered by SAIN3 (HVM)¶
- OpenLDAP & phpLDAPadmin
OpenLDAP is a free, open source implementation of the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) developed by the OpenLDAP Project. Its stand-alone LDAP daemon, associated modules and tools benefit the task of managing your LDAP directory. phpLDAPadmin provides an intuitive and well-designed user-interface as well as other directory services to help you doing centralized LDAP-based tasks.
Webmin is a web-based system configuration tool for Unix-like systems. With it, it is possible to configure operating system internals, such as users, disk quotas, services or configuration files, as well as modify and control open source apps. If you want to manage Apache and MySQL through the Web page, Webmin is the right tool for you.
- Intuitive and user-friendly user-interface. A powerful frontend which handles network access and protocol processing.
- A fully functional and easy-to-use solution including OpenLDAP and phpLDAPadmin.
- One click to install. Quick and responsive deployment.
Before you start to access the system, please ensure the
Status Checks of the instance in the AWS Console turns to
2/2 checks passed, or the initialization process might be interrupted and the software configuration fails. It takes about 5-10 mins.
Please replace the
instance ID with the actual instance ID of your running EC2 instance, and the
public DNS your actual public DNS address.
- Webmin / MySQL:
Username: root, Password: <instance ID>
Login DN: cn=admin,dc=domain
Password: <instance ID>
Access the System¶
- Visit phpLDAPadmin.
Username: root, password: <instance ID>.
About Sain3 OpenLDAP Package¶
- OpenLDAP/slapd configuration file is /usr/share/slapd/slapd.conf.
- rootdn “cn=admin,dc=domain” is always granted unlimited privileges.
- phpLDAPadmin configuration file is /etc/phpldapadmin/config.php.
- Apache2 DocumentRoot is /usr/share/phpldapadmin/htdocs.
Cannot Access to Webmin¶
- After the “Status Checks” of the instance in AWS Console turns to “2/2 checks passed” can you start to access the system, or the initialization process might be interrupted and fail.
- Ensure port 10000 is in your security group.
|Type||Custom TCP Rule|