“SilverStripe + LAMP + Webmin” Package Powered by SAIN3 (HVM)¶
- SilverStripe Content Management System (CMS)
Sain3 provides an out-of-the-box SilverStripe publishing platform embedded with pre-configured LAMP and Webmin. SilverStripe is a burgeoning content management system (CMS) and framework. It is easy-to-use because of its intuitive dashboard and visual presentation. If you want to build a website, it is the simple but powerful tool for you.
Webmin is a web-based system configuration tool for Unix-like systems. With it, it is possible to configure operating system internals, such as users, disk quotas, services or configuration files, as well as modify and control open source apps. If you want to manage Apache and MySQL through the Web page, Webmin is the right tool for you.
- SilverStripe is a burgeoning content management system (CMS) and framework.
- A content management solution includes SilverStripe content management system, LAMP and Webmin.
- One click to install. Quick and responsive deployment.
Before you start to access the system, please ensure the
Status Checks of the instance in the AWS Console turns to
2/2 checks passed, or the initialization process might be interrupted and the software configuration fails. It takes about 5-10 mins.
Please replace the
instance ID with the actual instance ID of your running EC2 instance, and the
public DNS your actual public DNS address.
- Webmin / MySQL:
Username: root, Password: <instance ID>
Login Email: admin, Password: <instance ID>
Access the System¶
- Visit your SilverStripe frontend
- Visit your SilverStripe admin interface
Login Email: admin, password: <instance ID> or the one you chose.
Username: root, password: <instance ID>.
- You can manage MySQL through Webmin.
Login to webmin -> Servers -> MySQL Database Server.
Username: root, password:<instance ID>.
Update “Default Admin” User Password¶
- “Default Admin” user (login email: admin) password can only be updated via SSH.
- Open a terminal or SSH client, using your amazon EC2 SSH public key, SSH into the instance as the ubuntu user using the public IP information for your instance.
- Edit file /var/www/mysite/_config.php:
Security::setDefaultAdmin('admin','your new password here');
Cannot Access to Webmin¶
- After the “Status Checks” of the instance in AWS Console turns to “2/2 checks passed” can you start to access the system, or the initialization process might be interrupted and fail.
- Ensure port 10000 is in your security group.
|Type||Custom TCP Rule|